The group holds monthly meetings that provide a safe and comfortable environment for parents to share their experiences. They provide an opportunity for parents to meet other parents that have kids diagnosed with dyslexia and encourage sharing of useful information and resources. The montly speakers focus on education, awareness, and assistance for coping with dyslexia. Summer programs vary and are based on age and severity of disability. Please refer to website for a calendar of current events and a listing of resources.
1. To provide a safe and comfortable environment for parents to share their experiences.
2. To provide an opportunity for parents to meet others that have kids affected by dyslexia.
3. To share useful information and resources.
4. To provide an environment that gives a positive perspective on dyslexia.
5. To educate parents to be a better advocate for their children.
More informaiton available:https://www.facebook.com/A-Brighter-Education-for-Dyslexia-1402186583393659/
Online Only Parent Group
|Type of Organization||Nonprofit (501c3)|
|Categories||Advocacy, Disability Specific, Emotional Support, Recreation, Resource/Lending Library, Sibling Activity, Social Media, Therapy, Volunteer Opportunity|
|Spanish Services Offered?||No|
|Child Care Available?||No|
|Age Range||6 - 11, 12 - 14, 15 - 21|
|Disability Categories||Learning Disability|
|This organization pertains to all disabilities?||No|
|This organization pertains to these specific diagnoses|
|Is this a statewide parent group?||No|
|Contact Name||Stacey Evans|
|Email Address||[email protected]|