A community for parents of autistic children who choose to love and accept their autistic children. A place to learn from the writing of autistic adults. A place where parents can discuss supporting and accommodating autistic children.
This is a space to give a sense of community to parents that choose to parent autistic children with love and acceptance. This is an autistic safe space, meaning that bashing and demeaning autistic people is strictly not allowed. All discussions will be moderated to that affect. In this space, parents are encouraged to discuss supporting and accommodating autistic children respectfully, advocating for neurodiversity, and the bountiful joys of raising autistic children.
1. We love and accept our children as autistic people.
2. We don't want to change our children.
3. We don't wish our children were not autistic.
4. We do not speak over the voices of autistic people.
5. We recognize that autistic voices deserve center stage over our voices as parents of autistic children.
6. We parent our children with an eye towards promoting neurodiversity and acceptance.
7. We do not subscribe to therapies/interventions which seek to change the nature of our children or utilize aversives.
8. We are open to learning from autistic adults.
9. We foster our children's growth through respectful accommodation and support.
10. We do not tolerate the bullying of autistic people.
, 0, TX
Accessible Location: No
|Type of Organization||Nonprofit (501c3)|
|Categories||Disability Specific, Emotional Support, Social Media, Other|
|Services offered in Spanish?||No|
|Child Care Available?||No|
|Age Range||All Ages , Birth - 3 , 3-5 , 6-11 , 12-14 , 15-21 , 22 and up|
|Disability Categories||Developmental Disability, Mental Health Disorder|
|Does this organization belong to all disabilities?||No|
|This organization belongs to these diagnoses||Autism Spectrum Disorder (Pervasive Developmental Disorder)|
|Is this a statewide parent group?||yes|