Helping Hands provides ministry for persons with disabilities (babies through adulthood) and their families. Helping people affected by disabilities and their families come to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Just as God showed His great love and compassion, this group wants to follow the Lord’s example in reaching out to people who have disabilities.
About Special Needs:
* The building meets the Americans with Disabilities (ADA) Act which requires handicapped parking, ramps, doorways, and restrooms.
* The children’s playground is ADA approved.
* If needed, designated parking is available near the entrance to the building, marked as “moms with babies.”
* to provide instruction and social interaction to communicate God’s love and grace to individuals with special needs
* to provide support systems and curricula for special needs children, birth to 18 years, and adults
* to provide support and encouragement for families and adults, allowing them to find and participate in Bible study classes
* to provide training for volunteers to assist in all facets of the program
* to develop a support system for parents of special needs children
Sunday Morning & Evening Ministries
First Woodway has a dedicated Special Needs Suite, designed for preschool through teen classes. Special needs classrooms are available on Sunday mornings for children at 9:00 am and 10:30 am services. Activities include music, story, play time, and snacks. Check-in is at the Special Needs Suite, room 126. A special needs Bible study class for adults meets Sunday mornings at 9:00 am in Room A121. Inclusion (with a buddy) is available by arrangement at the 9:00 am and 10:30 am Bible study hours. Evening care is by arrangement. This includes care in the suite or inclusion.
Friday Night Respite Care
The Friday Night Respite Care program is scheduled in conjunction with the Kingdom Kid’s Friday Night Childcare. It is provided at no cost to eligible members of First Woodway who have children with special needs and their siblings (through sixth grade). Eligible members include those who attend a Life Group and/or serve on Sunday mornings. Friday Night Respite Care is staffed by experienced workers and the evening includes indoor/outdoor fun, games, movies, and snacks. Reservations should be made online.
The Parent Support activities meet at various times throughout the year for instruction, encouragement, and fellowship.
101 Ritchie Road
Waco, 76712, TX
Accessible Location: Yes
|Type of Organization||Church|
|Categories||Emotional Support, Faith-Based Ministries, Respite, Teen Activity, Volunteer Opportunity|
|Spanish Services Offered?||No|
|Child Care Available?||Yes|
|Age Range||Birth - 3, 3 - 5, 6 - 11, 12 - 14, 15 - 21, 22 and up|
|Disability Categories||Developmental Disability, Genetic Disorder, Intellectual Disability, Learning Disability, Medical Condition, Mental Health Disorder, Physical Disability|
|This organization pertains to all disabilities?||Yes|
|This organization pertains to these specific diagnoses|
|Is this a statewide service?||No|
|Contact Name||Janice Stewart|