Aiming to unite all in this fight - uniting fellow warriors, awareness pages, groups, and organisations, to kick stigma's butt!
Mental Health and Invisible Illness Resources (MHIIR) is a worldwide public page and open to everyone.
MHIIR raises awareness, educates and provides information on all invisible illnesses and invisible disabilities. We also help people to find support either locally or online. Examples of illnesses and disabilities we advocate for are at the end of this description.
This group shares anything you send in and also does share for shares (S4S). Please feel free to post your groups, pages, pictures/photos, websites, campaigns, fundraisers, events, books, art and crafts, poetry, ask the page a question, personal stories, etc.. on the page's comment/post section. Your posts must be to do with mental health, chronic illnesses, other invisible illnesses/disabilities or positivity/wellbeing, otherwise they will be removed. NO MIRACLE CURES OR FALSE INFORMATION. Once or two times a week, we will share your posts as requested. Please only post them on our comment/post section and not on someone's promotion or our posts - show some respect.
If you would like to contact the admins directly, their private message box is always open.
Anything posted on the page is allowed to be shared by our followers. Please share directly from our page using the share button. Please do not take the pages names off photos/pictures (including the ones made by this page). If you do this you are in breach of Copyright and we may report you if you don't take it down as requested. Please read our Impressum section for more details.
There is also a closed (private) support group for people with any type of mental illness or mental health problem, invisible illness or invisible disability. If you would like to join, please click on the link below and request to join. For security reasons you will be asked 3 questions. Please answer them, this helps determine if you are a real person and not a spam account.
MHIIR: Invisible Illness Support Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MHIIRInvisibleIllnessSupport/
The moderators on this page are volunteers and not qualified professionals. We have personal experiences with a wide range of invisible illnesses/disabilities, but are not qualified to give medical advice or diagnosis.
MHIIR isn't a substitute for professional support or medical advice. We are not a crisis page; private messages are not monitored 24/7. If you are in crisis please contact your crisis team or mental health team, or ring a suicide prevention helpline. We can listen, send information on how to get help and give you helplines for your area, but please be aware that we get many messages asking for help each day and it can take a while to get through them.
This page is not responsible for what other people, pages, groups, websites, etc.. post. It is your decision as to whether to view them or not.
Some articles posted may be of a sensitive nature, e.g. suicide, domestic abuse, child abuse, rape, self-harm, etc... If the posts are triggering or upsetting, there will be a writen warning on the post, giving you the option to read it or not.
MHIIR is a religion free page, however, all faiths and non believers are welcome. We are a worldwide page and have many followers with different faiths, beliefs and non beliefs; it would be unfair to favour a belief over another. Also, religion causes arguments, and it can trigger certain people that have been abused by religious clergy/leaders or parents. Please no preaching! These posts will be removed.
* Mad Parrot Lady (MPL) - Creator/Owner. UK.
* Purple Sunflower - Articles Editor. USA.
* Kroete - Articles Editor. Germany.
* Toldo - Articles Editor. Egypt.
* Crazy Cat Lady - Articles Editor. USA
* Mer - Articles and Notifications Editor. Algeria.
* Mari - Articles and Notifications Editor. South Africa.
* Luna - Notifications Editor. UK.
* Charlie - Notifications Editor. South Africa.
Example of invisible illnesses and disabilities (including mental health/illnesses & neurological disorders - there are more): -
- Addiction (drugs, alcohol, gambling, etc...)
- Addison's Disease
- Allergies (food, hayfever, skin products, etc...)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS)
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Antisocial Personality Disorder (ASPD)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Asperger Syndrome
- Attention Deficit (Hyperactivity) Disorder (ADD/ADHD)
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Avoidant Personality Disorder (AVPD)
- Back Injuries/Pain
- Behçet's Disease/Syndrome
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD, AKA Body Dysmorphia.)
- Body Focused Repetitive Behaviour (BFRB)
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
- Brain Injuries
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
- Chiari Malformation
- Chronic Diseases
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS/ME)
- Chronic Illnesses
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chronic Pain
- Coeliac/Celiac Disease
- Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (C-PTSD)
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS/RSD)
- Conversion Disorder (AKA Functional Neurological Disorders)
- Crohn's Disease
- Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome (CVS)
- Cystic Fibrosis (CF)
- Dandy Walker Syndrome
- Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD)
- Dependent Personality Disorder (DPD)
- Depersonalisation/Derealisation Disorder (DDD)
- Depression (MDD, PMDD, PDD, etc...)
- Diabetes (type 1, 2, 3, etc...)
- Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder (DMDD)
- Dravet Syndrome
- Dysautonomia (NCS, POTS, MSA, etc...)
- Dissociative Disorders (Amnesia, DDNOS/OSDD, DID, DDD)
- Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID)
- Eating Disorders (including binge eating, OSFED/EDNOS, Orthorexia, etc...)
- Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (EDS)
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EoE)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Grave's Disease
- Hashimoto's Disease
- Hashimoto’s Encephalopathy (AKA STREAT)
- Heart Conditions
- Heart Disease
- Hepatitis (A, B, C, etc)
- Histrionic Personality Disorder (HPD)
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Intracranial Hypertension (IH)
- Invisible Disability
- Invisible Illness
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Juvenile Arthritis
- Learning Disabilities (LD)
- Lyme Disease
- Marfan Syndrome
- Mast Cell Activation Syndrome/Disorder (MCAS/MCAD)
- Mental Health
- Mental Illnesses
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (MCTD)
- Mood Disorders
- Motor Neuron Disease (MND/ALS)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Multiple System Atrophy (MSA)
- Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME/CFS)
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Neurocardiogenic Syncope (NCS)
- Neurological Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- Panic Attacks
- Panic Disorder
- Paranoid Personality Disorder (PPD)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Personality Disorders
- Pituitary Disease
- Polycystic Ovary/Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Postnatal/partum Depression (PND/PPD)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTs)
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Psychogenic Non-Epileptic Seizures (PNES)
- Rare Diseases
- Raynaud’s Disease/Syndrome
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD/CRPS)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis/Disease
- Schizoaffective Disorder
- Schizoid Personality Disorder (SPD)
- Schizotypal Personality Disorder (STPD)
- Sjögren's Syndrome
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD)
- Sickle Cell Anaemia/Anemia / Disease
- Sjögren's Syndrome
- Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Disorders
- Social Anxiety/Phobia
- Specific Phobias
- Stiff Person Syndrome (SPS)
- Thyroid Diseases/Disorders
- Tourette Syndrome
- Transverse Myelitis
- Trauma and Stressor-Related Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Trigeminal Neuralgia (TN)
- Ulcerative Colitis (UC)
- And many, many more...
This page also educates and raises awareness for child abuse, sexual abuse, domestic abuse, rape, bullying, bereavement and many more.
Accessible Location: No
|Type of Organization||Nonprofit (501c3)|
|Categories||Advocacy, Emotional Support, Mental Health, Social Media|
|Services offered in Spanish?||No|
|Child Care Available?||No|
|Age Range||All Ages|
|Disability Categories||Developmental Disability, Medical Condition, Mental Health Disorder, Physical Disability|
|Does this organization belong to all disabilities?||No|
|This organization belongs to these diagnoses|
|Is this a statewide service?||yes|