SABE is a national board of regional representatives and members from every state in the US.
SABE's Mission: To ensure that people with disabilities are treated as equals and that they are given the same decisions, choices, rights, responsibilities, and chances to speak up to empower themselves; opportunities to make new friends, and to learn from their mistakes.
What SABE Believes:
- People with disabilities should be treated as equals.
- People should be given the same decisions, choices, rights, responsibilities, and chances to speak up and empower themselves.
- People should be able to make new friendships and renew old friendships just like everyone else.
- People should be able to learn from their mistakes like everyone else.
- Eliminate institutions;
- SABE will support affordable and accessible housing for all people in the community;
- National healthcare for all people;
- Equal employment opportunities for equal pay for all people;
- People with disabilities will have self-advocacy at all stages of their lives with funding to support state, local and national self-advocacy organizations;
- SABE will educate people with and without disabilities on the options, choices and alternatives to guardianship so that full guardianship is not an option whenever possible;
- SABE will be a political powerhouse to work on legislation that affects people with disabilities lives;
- SABE will advocate for individualized services for all people with disabilities;
- SABE will support flexible and available accessible transportation (airlines, trains, buses) for all people in the community across the nation; and,
- SABE will educate people – all people – about disability issues that are important in their lives.
Online Only Service
|Type of Organization
||Advocacy, Conferences, Trainings
|Spanish Services Offered?
|Child Care Available?
||12 - 14, 15 - 21, 22 and up
||Developmental Disability, Genetic Disorder, Intellectual Disability, Learning Disability, Medical Condition, Mental Health Disorder, Physical Disability
|This organization pertains to all disabilities?
|This organization pertains to these specific diagnoses
|Is this a statewide service?
See an Error? Suggest a Correction.